Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lemon Bars

Photobucket

Today I wanted to make these Lemon Bars. About a week ago I was watching the Food Network and saw Paula Deen making Lemon Bars. Immediately I googled the recipe on the FN website and there it was! As with all the recipes I hijack, I never quite follow them to the letter, it makes the whole process much more exciting. Anyway the whole reason Paula Deen caught my eye the other day was because as I watched her on TV I could smell the lemons, lemons made me think of warm weather, which made me think of how nice the weather has been lately which then made me think I HAVE to make these in honor of the return of warm weather! Ladies and gentlemen the inner-workings of my mind. I digress, the bars were fantastic, enjoy!

Makes 12-15 Bars
Photobucket
The ingredient list:

- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of confectioner's sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 3 large fresh lemons
- 6 tbsp. of all all purpose flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs


Photobucket
Begin by making the crust, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 13 x 9 baking pan. Then combine two cups of flour, confectioner's sugar and salt together.

Photobucket
Cut the butter into the flour.
Photobucket
The batter will be crumbly and flaky.

Photobucket
Using your hand press the batter down into the greased dish evenly.

Photobucket
Place into the oven and bake for twenty minutes. Meanwhile prepare the filling.

Photobucket
Combine the sugar, eggs, flour, the zest of one lemon and the juice of 3 lemons.
I measured exactly 10 tablespoons of lemon juice.

Photobucket
Whisk together until smooth and creamy. 

Photobucket
Pour filling into crust once it's ready.

Photobucket
Place the dish back in the oven for 25 minutes until the filling is set.

Photobucket
Remove from heat and let cool completely. Then cut into squares or triangles and dust with confectioner's sugar. Chill and serve cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment