Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happy Hour & Happy Thoughts


It's been over a month, and a couple dozen recipes after, I am thankful. I am thankful for those of you who visit this site, I am thankful for my Facebook friends who try my recipes and leave me comments. I am thankful to those of my friends and readers who I inspire to cook because I believe the kitchen should not be an intimidating place. I am thankful for my life, and I am thankful that I am able to continue to cook food that I love, my way, and share it with all of you.

As you probably noticed (hopefully by today), yesterday I gave the page a face lift. What do you think?  I feel like the new background and design fits my style and needs of the blog more. You may have also noticed I added a poll to the left sidebar asking you what you think about my recipes. I know sometimes its hard to start a conversation, and intimidating to leave comments. (Except for Jim, because he's my husband and he wants to encourage me, and well, isn't that what husbands are for anyway?)

So let's loosen things up a bit, sit down, have a drink, and take a deep breath. The poll (and hopefully the drink) is my cheap ploy to get you to break the ice. I want to hear from you, I know you're out there. Reading, comparing, cooking, baking, testing, researching, or maybe just perusing. So I sincerely request (and beg) you to take a few seconds to provide me with some feedback, the poll will expire Friday at 5PM.

 I'd like to think that my recipes are of use, and are helpful. Affirmation, and confirmation, two things I strongly desire. Are you up for the challenge? And if you're feeling bold, after that drink, (it isn't called liquid courage for nothing) leave a comment, here, or on a post of your choice.

PS - I promise to resume regular cooking tomorrow, I smell another question coming, are there any recipes you would like to see here in the future? Cheap ploy, I know, I couldn't resist, opportunity knocking and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment